Welcome! Thanks so much for stopping by my little piece of the internet. I call it Love Life & Learning because that’s kind of me in a nutshell. I love life and I love learning. Now, I don’t want to give you the impression that my life is perfect, or that I know everything. Is my house usually a mess? Yes. Do I lose my patience with my kids? Yes. Are my fashion choices always on point? Not even close! But life isn’t perfect and lessons aren’t always easy to learn. So I believe the key to happiness is learning to enjoy the ride. I really hope that here you can find a little bit of inspiration to make your own life a little brighter or a little nugget of knowledge to enlighten your mind.
So, a little more about me. My name is Breanne. I’m a wife and I’m a mother to 5 darling kiddos ages 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8 (Who do we appreciate? Mom!). My husband and I just celebrated 10 years of marriage. We live among the gorgeous mountains of Utah. That being said, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; however, I confess that I am not a skier (I grew up in Arizona). Before I decided to stay home with my kids, I worked as a Registered Nurse in Labor & Delivery for 7 years. Now my full-time job is homeschooling my kids. While it’s not the right choice for everyone, for us, homeschooling has been such a challenge and a blessing. We absolutely love it!
During those brief moments of free time that I can find, I like to :
- Read, read, read! I can’t think of anything more relaxing than snuggling up in my bed with a good book. I love everything from timeless classics to intriguing mysteries. Also, I really believe in the many benefits of reading aloud to children. I love, love, love sitting down at bedtime and reading stories to my kids.
- Learn about my family history If you made it past the words “family history” without falling asleep then you’re probably a “genie” like me. That’s right, I am a family searchin’, record findin’, cemetery lovin’ nut. Think of it as all the feels of your own personal episode of Who Do You Think You Are? It’s the only addiction I highly recommend. You’ll see what I mean the first time you stay up until 2 AM pouring over records.
- Travel I really get a kick out of getting in the car (minivan, of course) and taking a trip and seeing places I’ve never seen before. Yes, I am one of those crazy people that dreams of taking the whole family on a year-long road trip in an RV, traveling all around the country, seeing the sites and making history come to life.
- Play the piano I learned to play when I was young and decided to brush up on my skills by taking lessons again in my adult years. It has given me the confidence to teach my own kids and it’s just plain nice to have music in my home.
- Quilt and Decorate Cakes These two I’ve combined because they are both hobbies that I have picked up because of my grandma. I like to do what she does because I want to be like her someday, so we like to hang out and do projects together.
- “Treasure hunting” I probably spend way too much time searching out quality curriculum, materials, games, media, and events to experience with my family.
- Learn something new! I really have a genuine interest in trying out all kinds of new things. Who knows what I’ll come up with to try out next.
You’ll find all of this and more sprinkled throughout the site. Feel free to head back to the home page where you can find all the latest posts on the topics that interest you most, or if you have any questions or comments you can contact me here. Again, I really appreciate you stopping by!